From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing bar code using HP printer

Hi,

I want to print a barcode using my HP deskjet 2540 series. I have installed code128 and fre3to9x fonts in the C:/windows/fonts folder. I am using windows 7 and labview 2009. I am attaching my code. Please help

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,673 Views)

Hey,

could you please specify your problem, it would make things much easier to find an answer?

As things are now, I guess the answer is 42. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,661 Views)

As per the "detailed help" provided in labview, I selected the font code128 so that it can convert the text string in to bar code for print. But all it does it it prints the original text. For example, If I enter ABCD instead of converting it to corresponding bar code, it prints ABCD.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,642 Views)

Hey,

check out this link.

As dbriggs wrote  in the comments: "

Make sure the names of the fonts match. If an undefined font is selected then it prints the system(?) default. View the font list via the  'Install Font ...' link provided above.  I had to modify the Font Name from - 'Free 3 of 9' to 'Free 3 of 9 Regular' or 'Free 3 of 9 Extended Regular' in order to obtain proper printing"

Regards,

CMW...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,632 Views)
Hey, I tried the things you said, but doesnt work. fonts are correctly installed, I can see them in Microsoft word and print them also.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,616 Views)

Try increasing the size of your string indicator for the barcode.

I have seen strange behaviour where a barcode wont display at all or properly until the indicator (in LabVIEW) or cell (in Excel) in above a certain size.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,604 Views)

doesn't work.. i tried

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,587 Views)

How about the example from the community I linked before. Does it work?

Regards,

CMW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,564 Views)

yeah that works.. but I don't understand why the vi I made doesn't work?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,527 Views)