LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

possible BUG in subvi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hatef, one of the first steps in workng wth a bug is to find a way to work around the bug.  It's pretty crucal to a bug report.  You can't rationally have a bug discussion without looking at potential fixes.

Why? Put yourself in the developer's shoes.  They have to make choices and priortize their time.  There are two factors that are almost always going to be included in this:

1) How many people is this likely to affect?

2) How difficult is it to get around the bug?

If it's unlikely to affect a large number and it's easy to work around the bug, it's unlikely to be fixed in a timely fashion simply because other things are greater needs.

Do you think it's unexpected behavior (that's really the only definition you need for a bug)?  If so, report it.  Worst case, you'll be told the behavior is expected.  (I'm not sure it's expected here. But, the use case was likely never tested as it's a bit strange to delete the icon)

Message 21 of 22
(792 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hatef.fouladi

natasftw. what you told is true
also it is rational that developer of this code forget to make limit layers disable for all of them
I just want to know if I am wrong about this mistake of developer or it is really bug in code that developer do not consider for possibility for happening
now I m sure that this is the thing that NI code developers forget to consider to prevent unexpected issue
so it is some kind of bug and should be fix
my next topic will be about other possible  bug in image overlaySmiley Wink

Message 22 of 22
(789 Views)