From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

polar grids in XY grpah (just like default rectangular grids)

I want to plot a realtime data of voltage vs time in polar format. I want the polar grids to be dynamic (for eg., rectangular grids in XY graph, which change as I zoom the XY Graph). 

I have tried "polar plot with points function" and XY graph. I have been successful in plotting the graph. But zoom functionality is very high priorty as it could be hours of data on same polar plot.

Problem with "Polar Plot function":-

It gives output as picture unlike XY Graph. I haven't been able to zoom this picture output as we do with XY Graph.

Problem with "XY Graph Function":-

I plot the static grid. I plot the real time graph too, but independently. When I try to plot realtime on static grid that I made, it erases the grid and only plot remains. If I try to bundle this realtime plot with other static plots (grids) and plot it just plots it as a static against the grid.

I am attaching my files please take a look. I am using LabVIEW 2013.
I have read many forum discussions on this forum bu they don't solve my problem. I am stuck in this problem since some days now, so any help would be appreciated. Its my first post at this forum, so any feedback on my post too will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,667 Views)

Solved!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,642 Views)

Okay, document here how you solved your problem, so later someone with a similar problem can find it.

Cameron

To err is human, but to really foul it up requires a computer.
The optimist believes we are in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this is true.
Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.
An expert is someone who has made all the possible mistakes.

To learn something about LabVIEW at no extra cost, work the online LabVIEW tutorial(s):

LabVIEW Unit 1 - Getting Started</ a>
Learn to Use LabVIEW with MyDAQ</ a>
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,626 Views)

I bundled all the static graphs (i.e. grids for polar graph) and bundled it with the realtime data and fed it into XY Graph and it works.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,601 Views)

Can you post your vi for this?  i want to do something similar but i'm not sure how to do it.

Thanks,

Aaron

LabVIEW 2012

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,494 Views)