LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plotting profiles of intensity graphs

Hello all,

I have been reading a lot of older discussion on here about drawing on graphs and overlaying picture's and x,y graphs on intensity plots, but none have seemed to be exactly what I have been looking for. While searching I stumbled across this link, http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Allow-axis-swap-for-Waveform-charts-graphs-and-intensi... , which contains a picture of exactly what i'm trying to do.

I'm wondering how you go about generating those x and y profiles?

using LV 13,

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,648 Views)

hi winterfresh11,

I guess by multplicating two basic mathematical functions, e.g. something like this:

2015-01-14_multiplication.png

Regards,
Alex

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,630 Views)

The data underlying an intensity graph is a 2D arrary, so you should be able to pipe that array into an Index Array operator and extract either a row or a column, which you can then plot as a line trace.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,624 Views)

@dmsilev wrote:

The data underlying an intensity graph is a 2D arrary, so you should be able to pipe that array into an Index Array operator and extract either a row or a column, which you can then plot as a line trace.

I didn't think of that ... @winterfresh11, would you please specify what's your meaning of "profile"?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,609 Views)

I found a way very similar to that. If you add a cursor to the intensity graph, use a property node to get the coordinates of that cursor and then do what you described dmsilev you can generate a live feed of the data along thoes two cursor lines, I guess that is what I ment by profile, in waveform graphs if everything is in a while loop.

In that picutre from the url he has a rotated graph so the y axis waveform fits along the y axis of the intensity plot. This seems like it should be simple but I dont know if it is

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,576 Views)

winterfresh11 a écrit :

I found a way very similar to that. If you add a cursor to the intensity graph, use a property node to get the coordinates of that cursor and then do what you described dmsilev you can generate a live feed of the data along thoes two cursor lines, I guess that is what I ment by profile, in waveform graphs if everything is in a while loop.

In that picutre from the url he has a rotated graph so the y axis waveform fits along the y axis of the intensity plot. This seems like it should be simple but I dont know if it is

upload your vi icluding some sample data set and we will help you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,560 Views)