From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plot0 visibility can't be directly unchecked in LabVIEW 2012 waveform graph&chart

Hi:

plot0 visibility can't be directly unchecked in plot visibility checkbox in LabVIEW 2012 waveform graph&chart. Is it normal?

Message 1 of 12
(5,715 Views)

Seems like a bug to me. This could be done in LabVIEW 2011 and can not think of any reason why it would be different in LabVIEW 2012. At least you can set the visibility programmatically. One alternative could be hiding the visibility checkbox and building your own instead.

Cheers,

Cerati

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,705 Views)

Hi 

The above workaround is a very poor solution. It is clearly a bug and should be solved.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,645 Views)

This is a bug and I was about to report it. NI, please acknwoledge and fix. This has not been corrected in LV 2012f1.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,629 Views)

This was reported to R&D (CAR 368466) for further investigation.

Workaround: Left-click on plot 0 legend icon and toggle the "Plot Visible" menu item.

Message 5 of 12
(5,579 Views)

Thanks for the work-around.  This is still not corrected in 12.0f3.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,414 Views)

If this is still a current issue (which it seems to be with my current LV 2012 updated install)  this is a serious issue and will keep my university on LV2011 until the basic error is fixed.  Extremely important error to fix,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,354 Views)

I concur. This is a very important bug that needs to be fixed ASAP.

Roy: Thanks for the workaround.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,297 Views)

I agree.  This is the sole issue that keeps me using LV2011.  As a developer, I can live with the workaround, but I can't expect my end users to do so.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,231 Views)

General Statement

We do not preannounce bug fixes, largely because it is possible that a fix, once implemented, might have to be reverted if we later discover the fix causes even worse problems. We absolutely don't want to be in the position where we tell users a bug is fixed and then a week or month later have to tell people "Oops, CAR xxx will not be fixed in release yyyy".

With that said though, I am "highly optimistic" this will be corrected in 2012 SP1.

(We also don't preannounce release dates, but we have become very predicatble.)

Roy

Message 10 of 12
(5,211 Views)