LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help. dct blank. the basic use of labview? something like that.

dear genius.

I am reading a lab pdf in standford university.(https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-17962).

I just a beginner in labview and exercise the problem.

I want to fill the blank in "finish the dct block"

제목 없음.jpg

I can not go just a one step. I can not understand the whole things.

how can I make the dct calculation ?

please help me.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,684 Views)

You're given most of the tools you need inside DCT_block.vi; you just need to use them properly. Do you understand the equations, but not how to implement them in LabVIEW?

If you need help with LabVIEW basics, there are several free online training classes and tutorials, see a list of several here:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Labview-Basic-Questions/m-p/2985263#M856723

Message 2 of 6
(2,645 Views)

thanks a lot for useful link. I will read it and try again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,640 Views)

제목 없음.jpg

actually, I saw a lot of  basic tutorials  in youtube. am I on the right way? of course, I know the basic use of case , for loop.

you said, almost things are in vi. I can not understand why the loop is in "disabled" and  why the case loop is existed.

I can not understad the exact meaning of array. I just want to make sigma from zero to N-1 .

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,622 Views)

The diagram disable structure is there to "comment out" the parts that you might want to use. It's a way to show you what functions you might want to use to solve the problem without breaking the VI.

Please spend some more time learning LabVIEW basics. Once you understand arrays and for loops in LabVIEW, I think the solution will be clearer. You might want build some simpler VIs, outside of this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,594 Views)

continued in a new thread

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,521 Views)