LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pleas help me on my SCADA system

i am trying to develop a SCADA system using LabVIEW. i can read data from the OPC server but when i try to write from LabVIEW to the OPC server an error message will appear. so, what can i do pleas help me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,935 Views)

Start by posting the error message or maybe even some code.

A description of the system you're trying to control might help too.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,924 Views)

Untitled.png

This is the error which is desplayed. as you can see i am trying to change the state of the shared variable CL_NC. CL_NC is an OPC item. The OPC server is S7-200 PC access.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,824 Views)

Just guessing, but it sounds like there may be a write access problem with the configuration of the S7-200.

From the LabVIEW Help:

Remote OPC Systems

For a remote OPC system, you install the OPC server and the OPC client on different computers. Both computers must run Windows, and you must connect the computers using Ethernet.

You must properly configure DCOM settings on the OPC server to make an OPC server/client system operate properly. DCOM restricts the access rights to specific computers on a domain, and security preferences can prevent OPC clients from communicating with remote OPC servers. Therefore, local OPC is often easier to configure than remote OPC.

You also must configure many Windows settings, such as security, firewalls, and the OPC server and OPC client software. Refer to the Windows Help and Support Center for information about configuring security, DCOM, and firewalls on Windows. Refer to the documentation for the OPC server and OPC client software for information about configuring the OPC server and client.

Configure the settings in the following order for best results:

• Windows security, including users, groups, and respective access rights
  • DCOM
  • firewalls
  • OPC server
  • OPC client
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,813 Views)

10q. it seems a litle complicated but i will try it

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5