LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plant system.vi

Hello everyone, 

I am a student working on my thesis and i am trying to make temperature control with pid contoler. I have seen some examples and i came up with a question. This plant system.vi simulates only first-order systems or depending on parameters can simulate and second-order systems?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,356 Views)

Hello,

I have made some researches, but I found nothing on plant system vi.

Could you please tell where I can find this VI? It would be really helpful.

Regards,

James

Greetings and Regards,
James
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,264 Views)

Hey Lou,

I googled the Plant Simulator and found another forum post that I believe answers your question.  I quote from the other Forum post, "The Plant Simulator is not part of the API and it does not show on the palette. It ships as an VI that is part of the examples so we can demonstrate the PID capability. It is just a first-order model with delay (and some other features). If you want, you can copy/paste this VI into your diagram and change the parameters, but keep in mind that this is not a supported function it can change in the future."

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/plant-simulator-vi/td-p/2952487

Hope this get's you going.

-Bear

Regards,

Ben Johnson
ʕง•ᴥ•ʔง
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,253 Views)

Hi and sorry for my late answer,

the plant system.vi is a subvi that is contained in PID and fuzzy toolkit. I have uploaded it to check it. My question is, what is the transfer function of the system that is simulating? I can't really find out. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,178 Views)

Hi,

I couldn’t find official documentation confirming the transfer function for this plant.

I guess the only option here will be opening the VI and following through the operations performed to the Plant Input control to get the Plant Output and then infer this equation.

Andres G

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,157 Views)