LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plant system.VI

Hi everyone, I completed a water treatment plant project in Labview for my college course last year. I got the project finished as best I could and got an good mark.

I have tried to run the VI now but I get a message that the Plant System.Vi (sub VI) is missing. I used a sample VI for this project and moified it to suit my application.

Can anyone help me in locating this VI it would be great.

I have recently installed Labview 2014, DSC.

However, I did need the PID and fuzzylogic toolkit for my VI, but I cannot install it now as I am getting a message that I must have Labview 2013 installed first!!!

Any help with this would be great.

Regards Padraic.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,195 Views)

Did you rename the subVI?  Did you move it on disk?  Try searching your hard drive for it.

What changed between when it worked and when it stopped working?

Did you try installing the PID and fuzzylogic toolkit that came with LabVIEW 2014?  Perhaps you are using an installer from LabVIEW 2013 and it is looking for that version of LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,183 Views)
Hi, thank you for the reply. I had to rebuild my computer, and I cannot find the sub vi anywhere as it was part of my project VI. I could not find the 2014 version of pid and fuzzy control kit on the NI website. I wonder should I just install Labview 2013 again?
Regards Padraic.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,176 Views)

You could install LV 2013.  But isn't the PID toolkit a part of the DVD's you used to install LV 2014?

Try installing LV 2014 again and see if there were any options you failed to check off when installing the LabVIEW Suite.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,165 Views)

Hi, I have uninstalled LV 2014 and I am currently installing LV 2013. When I installed LV 2014 I just downloaded it, but there was no option that I was aware of to add-on the PID toolkit.

I will report back when I get everything re-installed, hopefully it may solve my problem.

Regards Padraic.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,153 Views)

You are better off waiting until you receive the DVD's with LabVIEW 2014, then installing from them.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,116 Views)

Ok, just a quick update, I have installed Lv 2013 and the PID toolkit, but I am still missing the Plant System.VI

This was part of a sample VI that I used from the NI website. But I cannot find it now. I found it by searching for water tank filling.

I dont have the option of receiving the DVD, just a download as im a student.

Regards Padraic.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,110 Views)

That toolkit is included with the Full or Pro version of LabVIEW 2014.  It's no longer offered as an addon. 

It sounds like the VI you need isn't part of the toolkit.  Where did you get the example VI before?  Was it in find examples or something you downloaded?

Did you turn it in using something iike blackboard?  If so, look at your submission to find your old code

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,102 Views)

Hi PadraicGranaham,

Do you remember if you "saved as" your subvi or just "saved" it? When you use an example vi and save it, LabVIEW automatically saves that subvi in the examples folder. Therefore, when unistalling LabVIEW 2013 to install 2014 that subvi could have been deleted.

Furthermore, regarding the fuzzy logic toolkit, unfortunately there isn't a version for that toolkit for LabVIEW 2014.

Please let me know if this helps and if there is anything else regarding this problem I can help you with.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,070 Views)

Hi Natasftw, sorry for not getting back to you sooner about this. You are right, the sub VI was part of a example VI I downloaded from the NI website and back then when I was using LW 2013 I had to also download The PID and Fuzzic Logic Toolkit, in order to get the example VI to Run.

I cannot find this example VI any more on the NI website. It was a tank filling VI with PID control.

I lost all my of my backup files during the summer, and I done exactly what you said, I downloaded my submission and that is when I noticed that the sub VI was missing.

Regards Padraic.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,945 Views)