LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

place markers on waveform graph

I'm trying to place an obvious marker on a waveform graph programatically. I have a single line continous input, and I need to put a line on the graph each time a certain condition is met.
A thin vertical line would be best, but i can't seem to alter the cursor appearance. Also, I don't know how to dynamically create multiple cursors.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,303 Views)
Please don't start a new thread for the same question. Respond back there and explain exactly what you've done to create the cursors. Have you left clicked on the cursor box in the cursor legend to see the point and line styles?
Message 2 of 7
(3,284 Views)
While mouse is on Graph, right click, under "visible items", select "cursor legends".
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,279 Views)

Another method of marking a graph that doesnt involve cursors (is there a limit to the number of cursors/ overhead of using cursors?) is to use a second plot which is a thin bar chart.  Fore each value you wish to not mark give it a 0 or nan then for each value of plot 1 you wish to mark give it a real value (either a max y value or a value equal to the value from plot 1 you wish to mark).

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,266 Views)

See attached:

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
Message 5 of 7
(3,259 Views)

Is there a way to make this vertical? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,630 Views)

Show the Cursor Legend. Pop up on the cursor name in the Legend box. The select Attributes >> Cursor Style... A vertical only styple is available.

Lynn

Message 7 of 7
(2,627 Views)