LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pitch period estimation based on autocorrelation function

hi
i am trying to estimate the pitch period of a short speech signal using the autocorrelation function. im using the autocorrelation vi. in LV 7.0 but i cant seem to get the results i expect to get. can anybody help me with some pointers here.. even for a more simple signal as input (i.e sinewave)?

any help would be much appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,136 Views)

Hello MadGreek,

What kind of results are you getting and how are they different from what you expect?  Do you have another source to verify that what you are expecting is correct?  I think a little more information will help us significantly.

Happy Holidays!

Janell R | Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,119 Views)
hello janell
yes i have another source of estimating the pitch period for the signal.its another program i did build in LV based on the cepstrum algo and i already doublechecked its results with the results from Matlab for the same input and both of them gave me the same output.
as far as the autocorrelation and its results im not sure about their validity compared to the ones i already have (maybe im wrong about what should i expect to see).in the same program im trying to incorporate both algorithms...that of cepstrum and autocorrelation, just so i will be able to compare their results.basically with the autocorrelation i want to make sure that my cepstrum works correct (for estimating the pitch period). i tried to find some examples where the autcorrelation function is being used so i can make sure how it works in LV but i couldnt.
how do you think i should try and approach this?

regards
madgreek
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,116 Views)

Hello MadGreek,

Maybe I don't quite understand what exactly these algorithms do.  It is possible that the tone measurements express VI could be helpful to you?

Happy Holidays,

Janell R | Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,091 Views)

Hello

Even I am also  trying to do the same thing that " estimating pitch period using autocorrelation function in labview,  but I am not getting from where I have to stats and hot to do that so can any one  help me by sending me VI for that . Or by giving me any hint.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,425 Views)