LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pict ring get rid of frame

Solved!
Go to solution
LabVIEW 2011 Professional Dev (WinXP) Trying to make Pict Ring Control frame transparent, like Simon. The pict ring background is now transparent, the inc/dec is hidden, as well as the label. It looked like a right-click and choose (T)ransparent. What am I missing? Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmDLCsnOegw
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,177 Views)

I don't think you can make the border transparent. I don't know what's up with that YouTube video, he must have a different control than what you're trying to do.

You can make the border really really small:

1. Right-click the control >> Advanced >> Customize...
  2. Click the wrench at the top left of the screen
  3. Select the border, then drag the size so that it becaomes just a blip
  4. Bonus points if you drag that little blip behind the main part of the pict ring so that it's hidden when there's a picture

Edit: Learned something new! Do what Michel_Gauvin says below. Anybody know why that method works, but choosing Transparent for both paint boxes and left-clicking doesn't?

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,163 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Regulator
To make disappear the outline simply position the "Brush" on the edge of control. Right-click and press the spacebar (space bar) and select the transparency. See figure below.

pinceau.png

transparent.png

Message 3 of 5
(3,154 Views)

Use a classic picture ring instead of a modern and you can choose transparent and left click. Why it doesn't work on modern I don't know, but anytime I want transparent controls I start out with classic.

Message 4 of 5
(3,123 Views)

Also if you are interested there is a picture control that has no borders.  This isn't for a picture ring, but I suspect one could be made.

https://lavag.org/topic/18272-flat-or-borderless-picture-controls/

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,082 Views)