LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

picking certain regions on stl file

Hi,

I am currently working on a project where I need to pick certain regions on an stl file, add color to it, and interpolate the color in the regions where there was no selection made.

So, at first, I would just like to know on how to pick/choose certain regions from a stl file and display it.

Kindly help.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,635 Views)

Hi nushabala,

Could you give us a little more detail about your application? For what purpose are you coloring your STL file? How are you planning on selecting regions of the STL file?

I did find this White Paper about connecting sensor data to 3D modeling: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7335/en/. If you do not have sensor's collecting data, you could potentially simulate a sensor device. Regardless, I would recommend taking a look at this page because it does discuss the 3D Picture and Control Helpers pallet.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,596 Views)

Hi,

I am working on parametric imaging of blood vessels. I want to select certain region of the 3D stl file, color it and then interpolate the color on the rest of the regions which were not picked.

At the moment I am just looking at picking certain regions and displaying it. Once, I get that, I will work on the further process.

Kindly let me know.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,579 Views)

Did you have a chance to take a look at the White Paper I linked above? The paper describes how you can use (simulated) sensors to select parts of your stl file.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,546 Views)