LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phase difference between two sine waves

Here is how to measure the phase difference between two sine waves.  A while back I asked this forum on how to do this and received some great ideas.  This was the best.  I figured out how to account for the interchannel delay on my own.

Phase Difference.JPG

Here is how to get the AI Convert Rate to account for the inter-channel delay.  This assumes this property is available from your DAQ card.

Getting AI Convert Rate.JPG

Tim

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(2,944 Views)
If you see in one of postings I have already given a lot of pointers on how to understand how it works. It is a PSD with some modifications taken straight out from lock-in theory. But why is the result from the AC/DC estimators divided with 2? I can fully understand why the signal is negated after the hilbert transform. Also if the reference is not a perfect sine how good is this method then.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(2,938 Views)

Thanks TLE.

I used your alogrithm to find the phase diff and included inter channel delay.

Seems like I am getting closer in my project.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(2,904 Views)

Hi, just wondering what the frequency refers to that you're multiplying by the recipical of the AI Convert Rate? Is it the frequency of one of the signals or of the daq itself?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(2,537 Views)

I am also interested to know what that frequency you are multiplying with is.

is it the signal frequency?

If it is then will the phase delay vary with signal frequency?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(2,071 Views)

hi, i neeed to finde the phase difference between current and voltaeg wave form can guys help me.................

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,691 Views)

Hi Ravanan,

Have you tried using the suggestion laid out in this earlier post? The Extract Single Tone Information VI should be useful in this case. 

David S.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,666 Views)