LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pfi

Hello,

where can I get a comprehensive manual about pfi , routing, ... ? I've read the forums and the NI 9178 manual, but I really don't understand anything about it.

I'm trying to read a quadrature encoder (A,B and Z signal, 4096 pulses) , apparently I need a second C module to generate a clock or timebase? 

I don't understand why, but ok. Enclosed my example, I have a NI 9178 chassis, Module 5 is a 9411 module to read the encoder and module 6 is 

a 9401 module to generate a clock. The example doesn't work however? I tried a lot of things, always getting errors like:

Sample Clock Rate must match the frequency of the internal timebase specified as the Sample Clock Source,
Specified route cannot be satisfied, because the hardware does not support it,
I/O type of the physical channel does not match the I/O type required for the virtual channel you are creating,

I just want to read the encoder at a fixed sample rate , eg 10 kHz and 10000 samples

Is there a simple explanation of routing, how it's done, what's the meaning of all the different timebases, how the interprete the routing table ...

What's the difference between CO pulse freq > counter output > pulse generation > frequency, time, ticks ?

What's two edge seperation, semi-period, ...?

Thanks in advance,

Ronny

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,776 Views)

Hello,

anybody who can help me?

I want to read a differential encoder, so I guess I need the NI 9411. 

I don't understand how to generate the external clock. Do I use the NI 9401 for that or better the chassis counters? What's the difference?

I tried it with DAQ assistent, but doesn't work. Now tried it with signalexpress: first step is DAQmx generate: counter pulse output on ctr0 of NI9401,

which suggests output on PFI5.

Next step is DAQmx Axcquire: Counter Angular Position, there I choose external clock: clock source /cdaq1Mod1/PFI5,

but then I get an error "Specified route cannot be satisfied, because it requires resources that are currently in use by another route." ?

thanks again,

Ronny

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,724 Views)

Anyone can help me?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,691 Views)

?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4