LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pedestrian walk button labview

Hi,

I am a beginner in using LabVIEW and I need help. I was given a hw to create a 4 way traffic light. I am using FSM. I completed the 4 way traffic light, however I am having trouble creating a logic for my pedestrian walk button. Basically like a normal traffic light when a person press the walk button the cycle of the traffic light should run faster to allow the pedestian to walk. I just need suggestions on how to implement this. Below is a file of what I have so far. (LabVIEW 2014) I would really appreciate the help. Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,166 Views)

Instead of having long delays in your states, have an idle state that checks for the button presses and another state that just checks the amount of time that has elapsed.  When the walk button is pressed, you can shorted the amount of time you are looking for before proceeding to the next light setup.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(3,154 Views)

Hi,

Here is what I did, I used a select block to locate the push button. but I dont understand how to check the amount of time? Can you check the changes that I made.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,127 Views)

cristal.waje wrote:  but I dont understand how to check the amount of time?

There is an Elapsed Time function.  That is the simplest way.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 4
(3,106 Views)