LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

peak detection with two thresholds

Solved!
Go to solution
David, please save the vi in version 8.6.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(2,571 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Current_93
Message 12 of 20
(2,565 Views)

Dear David,

Can you advise me how to do the same but with C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\vi.lib\Analysis\8numeric.llb\Threshold Peak Detector.vi 

This  "Threshold Peak Detector.vi" is more simpler than others and thus it works faster. In my task "faster" is very needed.

Please, advise me.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(2,526 Views)
Sorry, I am on vacation at the moment and not near a pc with labview.

I am sure somebody else will jump in to help.

Cheers

David
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(2,522 Views)

Current 93 wrote:

Dear David,

Can you advise me how to do the same but with C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\vi.lib\Analysis\8numeric.llb\Threshold Peak Detector.vi 

This  "Threshold Peak Detector.vi" is more simpler than others and thus it works faster. In my task "faster" is very needed.

Please, advise me.

Threshold Peak Detector.vi and Peak Detector.vi that David used have different functionality.  It may work faster, I'm not sure, but it works different too, make sure it is what you want.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(2,510 Views)

I wrote:

Threshold Peak Detector.vi and Peak Detector.vi that David used have different functionality.  It may work faster, I'm not sure, but it works different too, make sure it is what you want.

peaks.PNG

Notice Threshold Peak detector only detects peaks that go above and then below the threshold line.  Peak Detector finds all local maxima.  Also, the information returned by Threshold Peak Detector isn't as nice (as you can see by the red dots not being right on the peak but on one of the slopes going to the peak.  This obviously can be remedied, but I didn't do it here.  See here and here if you go down that road.)

--
Tim Elsey
Message 16 of 20
(2,505 Views)

Dear Tim!  Thank you very much for your support, but for my task and for my input signal is approaches threshold peak detector.  For my 3M input record it is faster than other peak detectors. 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(2,491 Views)
Well, here's David's vi with Threshold instead.  It doesn't work quite the same because of the issue I mentioned in my last post with the found peak not exactly lying on the real peak.
--
Tim Elsey
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(2,484 Views)

How do you create two threshold, and calaulate the number of peaks both positive and negative peaks outside of the two threshold. the reason is because i want to get peaks from both ngeative and positive from the 2 threshold values. Hope that u could give me some examples on how to build it?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,576 Views)

Hello fops!

The Peak Detector.VI can be used to identify peaks as well as valleys that fall above or below a specified threshold. I’d suggest thoroughly looking through the above posts and referencing the context help for the Peak Detector VI.  If afterwards you still have unanswered questions, I’d recommend starting a new thread. This thread is almost five years old and is less likely to be viewed by the NI community members. Starting your own thread will provide you with quicker responses to your questions from members.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,536 Views)