From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pci-6110 self adjust

Cal exec locks up when performing the self adjust on these boards. Also locks up in the measurement explorer views during self calibration.

Please help me
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,470 Views)
Hi ndale,

Welcome to the National Instruments Discussion Forums. I would like to help you troubleshoot calibrating your PCI-6110, but I will need some additional information to determine the cause of the lock-up.

Do you get any errors when the lock-up occurs?  What version of the DAQ driver do you have installed?  Does the card otherwise function in MAX (i.e. can you run a test panel and read a voltage without error)?  Does the device pass the self-test?  Do you have another system that you could install the card into to test the self-calibration? Do you have any other cards in your first system that successfully self-calibrate?

As an initial step, you may want to try a repair of your DAQ driver.  You may also test your PCI-6110 to verify that it works correctly using the DAQ diagnostic utility found here. Verify that this is the correct version of the utility for your version of DAQ. If you need them, older versions are also linked from that page.

Regards,

Jennifer O.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,454 Views)
Jennifer O,

There are no errors when cal exec locks up. It goes from the counter as a pass to self calibrate and the staus bar at the bottom is already full. The program just stops responding. The driver is 8.5. The card does function in MAX. Though when I run the self calibrate in MAX it always fails. It does pass the self test.

I have tried it in another system with driver 8.3 and it behaves exactly the same.

I only have two cards in the lab at the moment and they are both doing the same thing.

When I used the online DAQ diagnostic (did this on two seperate systems) I recieve error codes 10005, 10401. Also it says it's not supported.

Nelson
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,447 Views)
Hello Nelson,

I must apologize for my oversight - the DAQ diagnostic is not compatible with S-Series boards such as the one you are using.  We can however perform a few tests manually.

Can you confirm that an Analog Input task will run in "Continuous Mode"?  What are the revision letters of your two cards (this appears in the part number which is in the format "######x-0#", where x is the revision)?  Also, you mentioned seeing the problem on two systems, are both systems the same(i.e. same model and manufacturer or same motherboard)?   If they are the same, do you have access to a different machine for testing purposes?

When you self-calibrate, how long are you waiting?  Sometimes self calibration can take a few minutes since the S-Series boards have multiple ADCs to calibrate.

Regards,

Jennifer O.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,430 Views)