LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pattern matching

Hello,

I am trying to do pattern matching on real time acquired images.

I have 10 template images which i saved in a folder. My acquired images are now sent for pattern matching with these templates. But I encountered the  problems that the output of "matches" is zero always. I do not understand why the pattern is not matched.

Run the program object tracking vi

select "snap", select the ROI, select the folder to save the template created and press "learn". Now select "match" to start pattern matching.

Can anybody help to fix it.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,256 Views)

Without looking on any files of your attachment, i just want to note that matching in vision applications is not trivial.

The most important parameter for this is the acquisition of the image. Are you sure that brightness, intensity and focus is 100% identical for all images you acquire?

Is color involved? (Could answer that by looking in your attachment i guess, but you should state it explicitely as well)...

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,230 Views)

Thank you for your response.

To check my program i captured an image and saved it as a template. Now the same image which i saved as template, i gave as input image by selecting image from folder instead of real time acquired image.

When the input image and template are same the "match pattern 2" should give "No of matches" as "1". But it is giving "0".

Please run the vi "Main". Select the folder "images" for templates and select any one of the image from the same folder at "Main image path" to check for pattern match.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,210 Views)