LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pattern matching

im a final year student doing my project in labview.pls help me with pattern matching tool..Is this is enough to acquire image and check that with a reference image. or i should go for vision builder to do this..pls help me with it..

note: the image contains text and my query is to check the text entered are correct are not

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,075 Views)

use OCR for this reason patterns match in not appropriate for this reason 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,053 Views)

i just tried ocr ..but roi does not read properly .. instead of reading each letter individually the roi is something as in the figure (attached with this) .I am using labview 2014

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,956 Views)

It is extremely difficult to suggest how to improve your code without seeing it and without being able to run it ourselves (for the latter reason, don't bother attaching a non-executable picture of your code -- attach VIs, a Zip if there are multiple VIs, or a LabVIEW Snippet, which is executable).  Seeing your code would also tell us (a) what version of LabVIEW you are using and (b) how experienced you are with LabVIEW.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,942 Views)

sorry i havent got an idea to tell my isses .. i will attach my program as a zip file.. thank you for your reply.. the problem now is i dont get the string output ..im just a beginner in  labview pl help me with it

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,933 Views)

Well, I'll have to confess I've never used the Vision Express VIs.  Vision processing is somewhat more difficult (in my opinion and experience) than "vanilla" LabVIEW development as many of the functions and utilities are, shall we be chariable?, "under-documented" and "under-exampled".

There are some books, including one only a few years old, on this topic.  However, you would be very well advised to spend a few months learning LabVIEW (start with the tutorials, some of which are listed on the upper right part of the Forum's Home Page) and writing non-Vision code before trying to dive into the complexity that is processing of images.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,920 Views)
Do not use RGB image for OCR. Make plane extraction before OCR
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,887 Views)