LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parameter for DLL not found

hai guys,

Currently im workin on building a dll in labview 2009 and to be used in labwindows CVI. When i build specification to built the DLL i can see all the input and output parameters(Attach1) but when i wanted to retest the dll that i created again i Labview before use it in CVI i  cannot see the output and input parameters (Attach2)&(Attach3).

Plz do help me to solve this issue. thanks in advance

regards

shamaran

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,126 Views)

Hi Shamaran,

When using the Call Library Function Node to call a DLL in LabVIEW, you normally need to add the parameters manually, just as what you experience in your 2nd screenshot.

If a Type Library (*.lib file) is generated together with the DLL, and your DLL uses simple datatype (int, string, etc.), LabVIEW may be able to automatically detect all parameters correctly.

However, I see from your first screenshot that your function prototype has a rather complex list of parameters. That is why you can't get them automatically added in LabVIEW. Please add them manually to use the DLL.

Some other considerations for calling a DLL created from LabVIEW are available in this KB.

You may also find this KB useful for calling a LabVIEW DLL from CVI.

Let me know if you need more help.

Best regards,

M. Guo

Applications Engineer

NI ASEAN

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,073 Views)