LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paint bucket displayed

Solved!
Go to solution

I looked in some old code of mine and I set the cursor to icon 6 when the mouse enters the 2D picture and set it to 0 when the mouse leaves.  Now I know why I had to do that.

Message 11 of 18
(710 Views)

Well, it "appears" that if you haven't saved and shutdown LabVIEW since you last edited an icon with the icon editor, it retains the last tool selected for display over the picture part, but if you have restarted LabVIEW it doesn't. We have had this machine running for a while with out restarting LabVIEW

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(706 Views)

I see it on the Mac also. LV2011.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(698 Views)

OK.  Prior to LV11 when you can touch the icon editor :

LabVIEW 20xx\resource\plugins\lv_icon.vi 

On the BD you can add a Property Node to fix this when exiting:

IE Fix.png

As an alternative, inside your VI with the picture control you can create the same Cursor Property Node from a reference to any 2D picture and wire 0 to it.

Message 14 of 18
(695 Views)

Just to refresh it the same thing happens with the Navigation Window also. But I dont guess any coding can change this.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 15 of 18
(653 Views)
When it is fixed in the IE, the Navigation Window will be good to go (why are you using it BTW?). If you are usin LV11, and it really bothers you, simply write a simple VI with a picture control, create a reference and wire 0 to the Cursor property. Run this when you want to remove the behavior. Or just select a less annoying tool in the IE, maybe the line tool with its crosshairs.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(645 Views)

I didn't really bother about it just an information sharing. This simple thing is not enough to bother me. Smiley Happy

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(635 Views)

Hi,

I just wanted to let everyone know that this bug was reported and is fixed in LabVIEW 2012.

Regards,

Greg H.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(555 Views)