LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pH neutralization using model predictive controller

hi, i need coding for pH neutralization using model predictive controller in LabVIEW, someone plse help me....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,126 Views)

You have not provided nearly enough information for a reasonable answer. Like for instance:

What hardware are you using?

What are you trying to accomplish?

What version of LV?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,081 Views)

Not to mention what chemical assumptions you are making (binary acid, tertiary acid, pKs and so on).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,072 Views)

Im gona implement this pH neutralization in wastewater treatment process where i maintain the pH level 7.0 to 7.6 and my acid solution is Nitric acid (HNO3),Basic solution is sodium hydroxide (NAOH) ,buffer solution is sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) .  I derived my mathematical modelling with input as process stream(acid),buffer stream(buffer solution),and titrating stream (base).output as effluent stream and i got my transfer function that i hve attached below using word and my schematic diagram also i hve attached below. since this s highly non-linear im using model predictive controller for this and i need coding simulation for this process......

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,038 Views)

Why do you use a buffering agent in this approach?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,002 Views)

buffer solution is added to resist the change in pH value when small quantity of acid or base  added to it. It may acid or basic buffer solution. buffer solutn is optional or that can be manually added only the thnk is we need to control acid nd base solutn depends on pH value....

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,987 Views)

But your required control parameters will differ drastically upon adidtion of buffer.....  How do you want to be able to predictively model this?  I know of systems which control the pH of solutions automatically, one such example is the STAT mode of Metrohm autotitrators but these (at least at the time where I was working for the company) do NOT use buffer solutions since this is completely counterproductive.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,969 Views)

sir then no need of adding buffer solution to the system by adding acid and base solution will be enough...whether using PID controller will be able to control the neutralization process if not thn wt controller can i use give me sme idea abt this and relevant coding that i could implement in hardware...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,959 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,954 Views)