From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

output continuous signal to sound card using Simulate Signal Express VI & Play Waveform VI but sound has glitches

Hi! I'm trying to output a signal (e.g. 440Hz sine wave) to the computer sound card using the Waveform Generation VIs and the Simulate Signal Express VI as seen in the image below (taken from http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvconcepts/soundvis/). However, I am unable to get a continuous sound output! The sound output has glitches/stops/interruptions. Is it because the sound stops after every loop? I'm not sure what's the problem! Please help. Thanks!!

(P.S. I have seen labview examples such as Continous Sound Input.vi but the examples do not use the Simulate Signal Express VI which I would like to use. Also, there is no problem with my sound card as it produces a nice continous sound ouput when I run the Generate Sound.vi Labview example. Thanks!)

loc_bd_play_generated_tone.gif

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,054 Views)
The problem is the express VI. It is not designed to provide continuous sound output. In addition, you are generating a new waveform with each iteration. There will naturally be a break in the sound with each loop.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 2
(3,032 Views)