LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outlook activex attachments

hello

does anybody knows how can we send emails with attachments using outlook express with activex control (using labview)?
I can send emails with no attachment but I can't find a way to attach a (single) file.

thanks in advance

joão
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,276 Views)

Hi,

You can found on the link below an example to do control outlook with LV.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/3708

I have modify this example to add attachments functionnality (see my VI attach on this post)

But you have easier ways:

• Does your email server require authentication? If not, you can use the built-in LabVIEW functions in the SMTP palette.
  • Use the Internet Toolkit (though you need to buy this).
  • You can use the .NET libraries.
  • You can use the OpenG SMTP libraries. You can get a modified version that meets the no-linefeed-only-lines rule from this thread.

You can found on this post more details :

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=239936&requireLogin=False

Regards,

Christophe S.
Account Manager East of France І Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer І National Instruments France

Message 2 of 7
(5,256 Views)
Hmmm...

But you have easier ways:

• Does your email server require authentication? If not, you can use the built-in LabVIEW functions in the SMTP palette.
  • Use the Internet Toolkit (though you need to buy this).
  • You can use the .NET libraries.
  • You can use the OpenG SMTP libraries. You can get a modified version that meets the no-linefeed-only-lines rule from this thread.

Now I wonder where I heard all that before?

Your posted VI has a fundamental dataflow error. There is no dataflow dependency between the Send invoke node and adding the attachment, thus the email can be sent without attachments! Seeing as you have a blue bar implies you're from NI, which makes it all that more surprising that you would make that error.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,241 Views)
It's right, i have follow to wire the error input and outpout for the dataflow and do the attachment before sending the email.
i have modify the VI and add it to this post, Thanks smercurio_fc.

Yes i have copy that you have write, and i have add the link to your good response.

Message Edité par Christophe S. le 11-21-2007 04:43 PM

Christophe S.
Account Manager East of France І Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer І National Instruments France

Message 4 of 7
(5,236 Views)
Well, while I'm humbled to be quoted, in the future, when actually quoting someone else word-for-word it's polite to indicate that you're actually quoting someone else's words. Yes, you provided the link, but that's not the same, especially since the bullets are in a block of text that's part of your response.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,227 Views)

Hi All

How to retrieve the attachments file from outlook using activeX?

Thanks

Luong

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,273 Views)

Hello,

I ask if it's possible to add a 2D array whith borders in the email body.

Thank you in advance.

Regards. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,678 Views)