LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oscilloscope trigger on PCI 6014

Hi...

I tried to build triggered oscilloscope on PCI 6014 for educational purpose. First I build nontriggered Oscope13.vi and it works for me satisfactory. I can change oscillograme with time/sec and volts/sec, and measure values with cursors.

Then I want to trigger that Oscope13.vi with Analog SW Trigger.vi that I found in Cont Acq&Graph Voltage-Analog SW Trigger.vi example as subVi.

I built Oscope14.vi.

Now nothing works as i wanted. Time controls don't change oscillograme and it blinks (some kind of jitter).

Please, can anyone help me to get my nontriggered Oscope13.vi work also in triggered mode.

I work on LabVIEW 8 Full Developement.

Computer: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2,00 GHz 1 GB RAM

Thanx in advance.

Damir Mileta

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,681 Views)

Damir,

first of all, the 6014 is a multifunction data acquisition device, not an oscilloscope.

I don't know where you got that example from as it is not following common implementation style guides.

That being said, i see that your DAQmx read returns an array of waveforms. This datatype contains the raw data and timing information. Your conversion of this to a 2D double array removes that timing information. So i assume that your waveform scaling functions runs rampart and messes things up.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,617 Views)
Thank You Norbert on you advice...
I am a teacher of Electronic Instrumentation and Control and I have allredy programmed Digital Oscilloscope with Traditional Daq wich work well in triggered mode on same device, described in John Essick's Advanced LabVIEW Labs, Prentice Hall 1999.
This example is my own and it works well when I use Digital Edge but PCI6014 don't support Analog Edge trigger so I try with Analog SW Trigger I found in LV8.0 examples.
Damir
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,597 Views)