LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oscilliscope

How do I know what to use as my VISA resource name?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(642 Views)

For serial, it should show your com ports in your VISA control.  This comes from Windows hardware manager and should automatically show what serial ports you have available.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(627 Views)

Hello, I have another question.  For some of the VI's you need to feed in the serial configuration or the visa resource name, or other things such as this.  I am looking at one of the examples included but I don't understand how to create the serial configurations or visa resource name to feed into the VI. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(606 Views)

Right-click the input>>Create>>Control.  This will create a control on your front panel.  You can do the same for the other inputs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(601 Views)

Ok I have a few questions.  I got a VI to work and I have what is on my oscilliscope on labview, however I am having a couple problems.  There is about a 10 second delay.  It will not continously show what is on my oscilliscope it has to refresh like every 10 seconds.  Is there anyway to make this continuous?  If not, I am going to try to use the PCI-6014 chip.  Could someone lead me in how to do this?  Would I use Daq?  Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(583 Views)

What baud rate are you running on Visa?  Can you post your VI?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(577 Views)

I am now just going to try to use the PCI-6014 chip.  Could someone lead me in how to do this?  Would I use Daq?  Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(556 Views)
Its a board. Chips are what are on the board.

yes, you use DAQmx functions. The DAQ Assistant might be suitable for you.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(540 Views)