LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open write and save a txt file

i'm trying make a vi to open and write in a txt file

my level of LabView is very basic and, i'm looking for help for open (or create) a txt file in a specfication folder, write a value and save this file in a another folder

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,149 Views)

Hello Imemendes

Refer to the Write-Read Text File VI in the labview\examples\general\functions\File IO directory for an example of using the Write to Text File function

Nghtcwrlr

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,134 Views)

Sounds like you should go through some of the online tutorials.  Or you could use the LabVIEW Example Finder (Help->Find Examples) and do a search for Write File.

LabVIEW Basics

LabVIEW 101

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,133 Views)

i'm grateful by your response

i achieved a solution to my problem but it seem is not enough

now i need to make three graphics but i'm stuck in a string

i read a file with three line, which every line gives me a different values, i want make three different graphics with that, but i need to separate the string, since lab view show me only one line

in the file is like this

in the lab view is like this

0.0 24.1 40.2

i would like if possible your help to separate this string

i upload mine vi to see how i was

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,108 Views)

Can you upload it in LV 2011 version?

From what i have understood, try something like this to seperate and use your stirng

Thanks

Nghtcwrlr

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,101 Views)

the use of string format to separate....

Spoiler
vti[1].png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,075 Views)

code.png

sorry i could'nt save in lbv 11

this is my code 

my second objective is read the information in file values.txt, then make them appear in three graphics

in first attempt i try to take da string and convert to number by a array (not in the image) then transforming in a cluster e after in graphic but all have de same have the same value, seems it was made like in the image, but made by a more complicate way.

i use de vi that Nghtcrwlr send and i have two problems, first the values appear like integer and i couldn't make the graphics

i try to use the "edit scan string" but i obtained the error " Scan failed. The input string does not contain data in the expected format

using the %f%f%f the same error ocurred

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,073 Views)

Now that your format constant is using "\" display, get rid of the extra slashes.  It should read "%f\n%f\n%f"

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,055 Views)

you are not closing the the file in use, that is why you get the messege and your string format....

Spoiler
Example_VI.png

Spoiler
vti[1].png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,049 Views)

apok there are two differents files 

the first "setpoint.txt" that the only problem is the decimal values but i think the problem are the the difference between "." and ","

the second file is "values.txt" this file is in constant actualization and this the base to may graphics

%f/n%f/n%f

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,038 Views)