From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open the files just with labview

hi. I have some swf files.I need to open these files just with a labview project. other words anybody can't to open these files directly and they have to run my labview program to reach files. I have an idea. we can zip the files with password protection.then users should unzip these files but they can't.now they have to unzip these files with my Labview program.but there is a problem. labview unzip function can't open the zip file with password protection.

is there any solution about unzip with password protection?

Do you have any idea to coding files with labview or just reachable through my program?

thanks for your help.

Alireza mazrouie:mazrouie.forever@gmail.com

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,638 Views)

Answer to this question:

is there any solution about unzip with password protection?

Download OpenG Toolkit: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/pl/nid/209027

There are ZIP tools which allow you to set password for the archive and to access password protected archives.

Message 2 of 7
(3,616 Views)

I like to use 7-zip.  It is an open source zipping tool that works extremely well.  It has a pretty good command line interface as well.  I haven't tried it with password protection, but I doubt it would be difficult.

Another option for you might be to do some sort of encryption of the files.  Something I've done is simply invert every single bit in the file.  That will make the files unreadable to most applications.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 7
(3,598 Views)

The zip option will unzi p and put un-password protected files on your systems for your LV program to read

If you do not delete the un-zipped files in timely manner they will be there for any one to read.

I would go with crossrulz simple encryption methodJust bit invert or bit rotate is all you need to encrypt to prevent being read outside of you code. Unless you need something at a NSA level.

Omar
Message 4 of 7
(3,572 Views)

thanks brother for your replay and thanks all of you for your time.but about your second solution  how can i do it? I think you mean is that i should convert my files to binary type then read it with "read binary" function block and make a change to their bits. so how can I usable this again? can you put a simple example of your idea? if you can please download attached file an make an example with this file.

thank you.   

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,516 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Something I've done is simply invert every single bit in the file.  That will make the files unreadable to most applications.

I was thinking along the same lines, but Tim you have just given away your encryption key! Smiley Wink

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
Message 6 of 7
(3,512 Views)

@Omar_II wrote:

The zip option will unzi p and put un-password protected files on your systems for your LV program to read

If you do not delete the un-zipped files in timely manner they will be there for any one to read.

I would go with crossrulz simple encryption methodJust bit invert or bit rotate is all you need to encrypt to prevent being read outside of you code. Unless you need something at a NSA level.

Actually the OpenG ZIP file VIs do have an option to directly unzip into memory streams (inside LabVIEW implemented as (binary) strings), so there would be no need to have external intermediate files. However this shouldn't be used for potentially large file streams as it seriously could blow your application memory use. And considering the OP's .swf use, I'm not sure there is any flash file replay API that would accept memory streams directly rather than an external file, so the creation of an intermediate data file on disk might be unavoidable anyways.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 7 of 7
(3,482 Views)