LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open ms word document in labview

Help me please!
I want to open and read MS Word document in LV...!
But have no idea how to do this 😞
I understand, that I mast do this using ActiveX, but my knowledge in VBA not so good...

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(8,972 Views)
If you do a search on this site for active x you will find all kninds of tutorials and one of them shows you how to work with word and excel, you can also look at the examples from within labview itself.with all that said here are some vi's that will help you along.

Message Edited by jhoskins on 04-20-2005 03:08 PM

Message Edited by jhoskins on 04-20-2005 03:09 PM

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(8,950 Views)
I created a simple little VI that opens up a document and pulls out the text as one big string. However, this is just a simple VI that doesn't handle all the complex formatting that can occur or embedded images, tables, etc. Unfortunately Word handles so many features that programmatically reading any document is quite the challenge.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(8,936 Views)

Hi,

These programs are just fantastic... I have started learning active-x, but I am confused where/how to use the property node and where/how to use invoke node efficiently so that I customize the existing application according to my usage.

please tell me where will I find the tutorials related to it...

Thanks and Regards

Sreedhar

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(8,808 Views)
Hi Sreedhar,

The methods and properties are defined by the API of the ActiveX server/object, so you will have to find the API to know exactly what options you have.

For some standard examples, I will recommend you to look at our resources about ActiveX programming:

NI Developer Zone: ActiveX

I hope that you'll find something useful.
- Philip Courtois, Thinkbot Solutions

Thinkbot Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(8,761 Views)

Hi folks,

I am new to the report generation. I don't know how to get the reference(word._Application)

Can anyone please explain the steps how to get that reference?

I attached the vi pic.

Thanks & Regards,

Shree

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,632 Views)

@shree_bala wrote:

Hi folks,

I am new to the report generation. I don't know how to get the reference(word._Application)

Can anyone please explain the steps how to get that reference?

I attached the vi pic.

Thanks & Regards,

Shree

1- Put the Automation Open vi on your block diagram. (Form the Connectivity -> ActiveX palette)

2- With the wiring tool right click on the Automation Refnum input

3-  Go to Select ActiveX class -> Browse...

4- In Type Library select Microsoft Word 14.0 Object Library Version 8.5 (this is the version installed on my pc, yours may be different)

5- In the Objects section check Show Creatable Objects only (optional, it will shortened the items list)

5- Select Application (Word.Application.14) (for my installed version)

Ben64

Message 7 of 10
(5,609 Views)

Hi Ben64,

Thanks for your fast response.

I couldn't find the "Microsoft Word 14.0 Object Library"

Whether the library is same for Microsoft Office 2013?

Message 8 of 10
(5,589 Views)

Version 14.0 is for Word 2010, you will probably have a higher version. Note that is is the object library version, not the MsWord version.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,584 Views)

I found the version 14.0 but couldn't find the higher version for the object library.

Can you give link to download the object libraries?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,579 Views)