From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opc connection error 'no registry access' -2147483643

LabViewVersion: 7.1

System: Client in Windows XP and Server in Wondows2000

Hello,

When I use a data socket connection and I try to read out some values from the server the following message occurs:

'no registry access' -2147483643

Does someone know what that means and how I can solve this problem? Until yesterday the connection worked well.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,016 Views)

What changed from yesterday until today?

Does restarting the system resolve the error?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,998 Views)

Unfortunately a restart does not solve the problem. There were no changes as far as I know. It was just that I used the data socket connection for the first time and it worked. A day later I tried it again and it did not work any more. Now I do not have a clue wether the problem is located on the server or on the client's side.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,987 Views)

Unfortunately a restart does not solve the problem. There were no changes as far as I know. It was just that I used the data socket connection for the first time and it worked. A day later I tried it again and it did not work any more. Now I do not have a clue wether the problem is located on the server or on the client's side.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,986 Views)

Try creating an indicator on your Front Panel.  Right-click and choose Properties.  Go to the Data Binding tab at the top of the properties.  I'm not looking at LabVIEW right now so I can't remember exactly what is in the dropdown menu, but try changing it from the PSP option to the option that isn't browse your computer.  That third option should work to bind a datasocket.  Is your tag available in the tree that pops up?  If so, put the indicator inside of a while loop and see if your value updates or if it throws the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,970 Views)

Thanks for your help. I checked the data socket connection exactlx the way you described (browsing in meassurements data).

But idenpendently we found the problem by anaysing the error messages of the server and client computer. We found out that the user which was logged in on the server did not have full administrator rights but only sophosadministrator rights. After changing this settig, the connection worked again.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,933 Views)