LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one channel control multiple NI DAQ modules

Is it possible to have one task control 2 or 3 DAQ modules using one channel?

I do not seem to have luck in doing so.

Also, for a digital output NI device that sources voltage, if I hook up 10v to it and the module has 10 channels, how on earth are the 10 channels each able to source 10V, when I only supply one 10v power supply. Does it just send extremely small amounts of current per channel versus sending a decent amount of current per channel if I just had one output on?

By the way this is a crosspost! I am not sure if I posted this question in the right section before which is why I posted here, but the crosspost is here:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/one-task-control-multiple-DAQ-modules/td-p/3170766

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,345 Views)

Hi quexin,

Is it possible to have one task control 2 or 3 DAQ modules using one channel?

Usually you can only control one module per DAQmx task. There are some devices supporting cross-"module" DAQmx tasks, but they are rare…

I do not seem to have luck in doing so.

You should either show use your VI attemptimg to control more than one "module" with one task. And you should tell us the error numbers you get…

how on earth are the 10 channels each able to source 10V

Well, think of your power plugs in your home: how on earth will you have power on each of those plugs, when they are all connected to just one fuse?

You know voltage and source are two completely different things, just closely related? (basic physics…)

Two notes: you should tell us, which "module" you are using - and you should read the manual for that "module"!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,328 Views)