LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

on/off led through speech recognition in labview

Hy Everyone I want to on/off led through speech recognition. this will be just a build up towards my main project. I want to say on, the led should on and off,the led should off.

Need help

regards

Kunal

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(5,817 Views)

Hi kunal,

you will need some speech recognition before you can use it to switch a LED on/off.

This topic is asked quite often, so you should search this forum for other people asking about "speech recognition"…

Hint:

Whenever you ask "questions" that start with "I want to" you need to argue why you haven't DONE it so far… 😉

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(5,809 Views)

Hey,I was trying to search all the places and come up but it confused me how to go about it since I am new to labview. 😞

So I am trying to work on something.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(5,784 Views)

Hi Kunal,

it confused me how to go about it since I am new to labview

Then I suggest to take all those free online courses for LabVIEW beginners offered for free on the NI website…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(5,779 Views)

Okay,thanks. i will surely check that out.

Something I am working on it. I hope to get it checked.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(5,775 Views)

My project that I am working on is Speech Recognition for elevator system

I have some files which I am working on it but there are possible errors.

can you help me with it.

I thought to start biulding for just a light and I would be able to work on this.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(5,765 Views)

I believe the LabVIEW Voice Recognition Project located at  https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-36514 should be exactly what you need to start.  You will need to replace the items in the CMD List array inside of Voice Init.vi and at the inputs to the Match True/False String with the comands that you wish to use.

When you run the main vi, Windows will have you configure your microphone if you have never used speech to text before.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(5,748 Views)

Okay,thanks very much.

I have seen that and tried a little bit.

I edited the CMD list. However when I tried running the program, It did pick up windows speech recognition. The problem is I have to train my laptop for these words. hence atlast I will be able to turn on the light indicator in the front pannel for every right words spoken.

Kind regards

Kunal

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(5,733 Views)

hello sir,

I am doing my project that is based on speech recognition .I have to control robotic vehical using my voice so that i am using labview 2011.

but I am struggling for making the program in labview.Can you please help me for that to me  ?

Thanking you

due to regards

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(5,574 Views)

Hello faizafreen,

Because this forum post is 8 months old, it's unlikely the contributors above are still working on this project / will provide helpful assistance to you. The best thing for you to do would be to start a new discussion on the issue and include a few more details pertaining to your application. You said you're struggling to make the program in LabVIEW; what particularly is your issue? Is it just you're having trouble writing the LabVIEW code itself? Or are you getting errors in your code? Do you have screenshots of your VI or the errors you are seeing? 

I would also recommend looking at the links below as a starting point for coding with LabVIEW and using the Speech Recognition class.

Using LabVIEW for Voice Signal Analysis - 

http://www.ni.com/example/30977/en/

LabVIEW Voice Recognition Project - 

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-36514

Once you've looked over these resources and tried to run this code or your own code, you can come back with more information on how specifically we can help you with this application.

Austin H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(5,525 Views)