From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

on-line filter problems

Hi, I am connecting a sensor via  a serial port, but the sensor is giving a very noisy output, is there any way to filter the noise on-line. I am trying to connected to a IIR digital filter, but it cannot be connected together. It gives error like : the souce of the data is digit and the sink is 1-D array. Is  there anyone can help me, I am quite confused with the filtering.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,123 Views)
Hi TaoTao,

It sounds like you are trying to pass single values to a filter function that requires an array input. The filter function you are using probably needs a group of data to work on. You can either build up an array of of samples from your sensor and then apply the filter function or you could use one of the point by point functions. Try looking at the PtByPt and Array based filter example from Help>>Find Examples...>>Analysing and Processing Signals>>Signal Processing>>PtByPt And Array Based Filter.vi

Regards

Jon B
Applications Engineer
NI UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,097 Views)