LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ocr

Hello,

I spent one week to solve this OCR problem but I ended with a failure. Please help me.

I used the vision toolkit of labview to recognize number I record with a usb webcam.

During the training, everything is fine, I even tweaked the brightness and the satuation and I used grayscale level to make the train stronger and the recognition more efficient but when I call the abc file and I select the ROI, the string comes empty from any character.

I tried also to use the vision assistant but it failed also.

I attached two versions of the VI., one with and one without the vision assistant.

Cheers,

Zied

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,460 Views)

I know this isn't what you were asking for... but the last time I used Vision's OCR (earlier in 2014), I was extremely disappointed. It was buggy, inaccurate, and would completely crash on larger image files.

If I were you, I would look in to finding an OCR dll or activex object out there to call. Vision's OCR will (in my opinion) just give you headaches.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,449 Views)

Thank you for your message, indeed I had a strong headache this week because of it but finally I succeeded in the training and the program recognize very well he numbers after several hours of tweaking the parameters, but when i use it for a new pictur  from the webcame I see just the green ROI but the red one  showing the detecton of the character is not there.

Zied

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,443 Views)