LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ocean optics usb 4000 spectrometer

Solved!
Go to solution

I am making a program to acquire signal from ocean optics usb4000 spectrometer. But if I am setting the integration time 20 seconds it is showing error after that read.

I am attaching the VI. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,923 Views)

Hi,

What error it throws up? Have you tried searching the forum with that error code?

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,882 Views)

it show error code 1073807339. As i increase the integration time to certain value say 20000000(us) it sometimes run but most of the time it shows this error only. I read about the error but I couldn't able to figure it out.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,875 Views)

please reply

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,850 Views)

Your VI is pretty much all subVI's that we don't have, so we don't know what they do other than by the title.

Obviously, it uses a VISA port, and it configures that port.  Exactly what it does is buried in the subVI we don't have.  But a typical, default, timeout for a serial port is 10 seconds.  Then you configure an integration time for 20 million microseconds, or 20 seconds.

Perhaps the 20 seconds it takes to integrate means that it isn't done when you go and request the data and the VISA timeout of 10 seconds has passed.

Message 5 of 7
(2,842 Views)

so what should i do to remove this error??

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,835 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author canzie07

Read the manual.  Understand how the device works.

See if there are any commands that you can send and request a response to determine when an operation is complete.  Put in an explicit wait between the one command to start the operation and the command to read the results.

Message 7 of 7
(2,823 Views)