LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

object to gauge needle

Is it possible to attach an object to a gauge needle? Specifically, I want to attach an image of a blue Mini Cooper on one gauge needle and a steering wheel on another gauge needle.

Thanks all
Greg
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,165 Views)

Have you tried customizing a gauge by changing the image for the needle?

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,144 Views)

Hi 

Thanks for that info.

I have spent some time at customizing the gauge, however I cant seem to do what I would like to do. I can replace the needle with the image. When I reduce the size of the image, it does move around the gauge, however, I would prefer if it would rotate.

Any suggestions

I also replaced the needle 'retaining pin' (the point the needle swivels about). The image didnt appear to move at all then. I have attached the control VI 

Many thanks

Greg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,126 Views)

As far as I can tell, nobody has figured out how to do that.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,087 Views)

That is a pity....it would have looked good for the project.

Thanks for your help Paul

Regards

Greg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,068 Views)

you might try using a picture control and implementing the gauge control yourself or have a look at activex controls

(3,057 Views)

Yup I suggest a picture control.  A pain for sure.  You can make an XControl if you get it working nicely but this is usualy not work the effort.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,023 Views)

Hi 

Thanks for the info. I have been looking at picture controls but cannot figure out how to implement one such that it will rotate as the gauge needle rotates. Is anyone aware of any similar code that I use to learn this technique as I am a bit of a newbie to Labview

Thanks

Greg

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,998 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,988 Views)