LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

notifyicon capture

Dear all,

my UPS software pops up notifications in the systray for various events, the electricity outage (blackout) among the others.I have found some very useful articles explaining in detail how to create notifications using the NOTIFYICON .NET class, but I could not find something similar to caprture the notifications that popup at the lower right side of the screen.

If the message is captured, the Labview will send me a message that the power is out and I will fix it again.

Do you have any idea ?

Many thanks in advance.

George

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,326 Views)

See if this link works for you.  I've used to check the status of an APC UPS.  Their driver seems to tie into the Windows power API.

Calculating the System Power Source and Battery Information in LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,303 Views)

Post duplicated itself.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,302 Views)

Post went in 3 times.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,300 Views)

Dear RavensFan,

before posting i had one interest. Now i have two. Smiley Surprised Your approach is very clever but for some reason the GetSystemPowerStatus function does not seem to produce the desired data e.g. battery status, remaining time etc. I don' t know if this happens due to the sw of the UPS (APC PowerChute Personal Edition) or due to xp settings. The PC runs XP SP3,  .NET 4 framework. I would like to make it work because it gives a lot of information.

Apart from this, my initial interest on capturing the popup notifications remains.

Thank you for your answer !

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,281 Views)

Dear all,

allow me to make clear my question:

I' m looking for a solution to either:

• get the notification text assigned to the notification icon of an application. The notify icon resides in the systray area, or
  • get the notification text of an application by any other means.

Many thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,253 Views)