LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not getting an output signal

If your device allows it, yes, change the range to allow negative value outputs as well.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(2,004 Views)

Ok so now I made some adjustments. This time I get this error.

Possible reason(s):

Not enough samples were written to satisfy the initial data transfer request condition.

To successfully start a generation, increase the number of samples initially written to the buffer before starting. Alternatively, decrease the number of samples required to start by changing the data transfer request condition.

End of Data Sample Number: 0
Minimum Value: 0

Task Name: _unnamedTask<8>

Could you help me understand why I get this one.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(1,994 Views)

Make sure you're generating the waveform correctly.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(1,979 Views)

I see in reg compute waveform it is skipping the for loop i have hooked up to the main vi. Do you know why that is? nevermind i figured it out.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(1,972 Views)

All of your values are default zero so I don't know what values you're using. Probe the wires to see what values are being written. If you write a value of zero to N, the For loop will not run...

Use the debugging tools, Reggie.

The real question is, why are you generating a sine wave this way?? There are so many better ways of creating a sine wave.

Look here.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(1,967 Views)

sorry that was very stupid of me. I did leave out a number.  I guess the last question is how do i get it to produce multiple square waves and not just one.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(1,959 Views)

What do you mean multiple square waves? Different waves for each channel? Run the code with different settings in a For loop for this. 

Have you ever gone through th LabVIEW tutorials?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(1,955 Views)

Are you seeing more that one channel because i only have one hooked up to the daq. But i guess what i am trying to say is that I am suppose to output 5 square waves but I am only getting one. Do I need to put in a wait time? or wait until done vi.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(1,951 Views)

5 pulses? Your plot shows multiple on the graph there, so you should be outputing multiple. I can't tell from your graph whether or not the gap between the pulses is a jump from high to low, or just a quick drop to low for a split second. Maybe you're just not seeing it because it's too fast.

Cheers

Message 19 of 21
(1,945 Views)

How's this working out Reggie?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(1,914 Views)