From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

noise to image

I have broken an image into the three color channels and I am trying to add noise to all three channels.  The user is to randomly select from four noise choices and then the noise is applied to the color channels.  I am also trying to filter the noise after it has been applied.  For this, the user is to select one out of five different filters and apply it to the signals.  I am stuck on figuring out how to get rid of the black images.  I have only one filter working and no noise is working.  If you can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Oh...password is Password

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,308 Views)

Hi Jeremy,

Maybe things got a little messed up when I downloaded your VI, but it seems like you're not actually adding the noise.  I see you wired the noise to the add nodes, but then the and's output isn't wired to anything.  Is this just how it's coming out on my end?

Julian R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,274 Views)

Hi Julian,

What you downloaded in the VI is correct to what I have and where I am stuck.  Every time I connect the noise to the three channels I end up with broken wires.  Then I even tried to connect the noise to the filters and I ended up with broken wires again.  I know Im missing just one or two steps to getting it connected and working correctly.  Its just I dont see what those steps are and that is what I need the help with. 

Thank you,

Jeremy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,248 Views)

Jeremy,

Where are you trying to wire the output of the noise?  The output of the noise is a double, which is the same datatype that the filters take as inputs.  Are you getting the error trying to combine it with the array that comes from the image?

Julian R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,223 Views)