From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no listeners condition is detected

Hi all,

I´ve written a simple program to control the solartron 1287 using the GPIB-USB-HS and basically I am getting this error:

No listeners condition is detected (both NRFD and NDAC are deasserted)

The cable and the address is fine, the thing is that when I highlight the execution to see where the error is produced I get no error and get the answer I want...

Any suggestions please?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,435 Views)

When you highlight execution it slows down the execution of the code significantly so sometimes errors that might occur because of timing might not occur.

Without seeing any code it's impossible to help you diagnose/fix the issue. Please show us your code so we can help.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,426 Views)

Here you are

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,417 Views)

@rodriferfe wrote:

Hi all,

I´ve written a simple program to control the solartron 1287 using the GPIB-USB-HS and basically I am getting this error:

No listeners condition is detected (both NRFD and NDAC are deasserted)

The cable and the address is fine, the thing is that when I highlight the execution to see where the error is produced I get no error and get the answer I want...

Any suggestions please?

Thanks a lot

Did you bother to put probe points to see where the error is first occuring?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,408 Views)

Yes, the error is produced after the write OT2 wich sets up a cr for the outputs, either if a remove this write or not the problem is still on, if a remove the next write (OL1) then the error appears in the next write. I also put wait between them to give then some time but it didn´t work

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,392 Views)

by increasing the wait time between 2 writes it works, probably it was sending commands but it wasn´t still ready to perform them

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,387 Views)

@rodriferfe wrote:

by increasing the wait time between 2 writes it works, probably it was sending commands but it wasn´t still ready to perform them

Exactly

That old bird is not going to chew through commands very fast at all

I would suggest you create a write solartron vi that contains a VISA write and a delay with Error In,  String and Delay inputs and Error out.

You can use that to trap the error source and lengthen the preceding calls delay.  Eventually you will learn which commends need how much time to process before the instrument is ready for the next command

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,354 Views)