LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no case for some selected values

Hi, I need some help on create VI model.

I need create model shown on Pic. 1.png, but I have problems with case structure, it report "Case Structure: No Case for Some Selector Values".

P. S. Sory for bad English Smiley Indifferent

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,443 Views)

Hi Orochimarko,

your uploaded picture is not the same as the VIs you also uploaded. Atleast when opening them with LV2011 they differ from the pic...

The case structure in your VI only has one case ("True"), but there is no False-case. So you get the error "no case for some values"...

Btw.  both VIs are crowded with Rube-Goldbergs. Even considering the old LV version they are saved with wouldn't allow for such bad programming behaviours...

@V-F:

What's the sense of making the only case of that case structure a "default" one? What's the sense of that case structure at all???

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,432 Views)

Hi,
it's because there is no default value : right click on case structure => make default.
Best Regards,

V-F
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,430 Views)

When it have true- and folse-cases, it report this error too... 
I try create "0, Default" case, as shovn on picture, but it report "selector values has wrong type"
I create this in LabView 7.0

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,423 Views)

This structure is just labwork...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,422 Views)

Hi Oro,

in the picture posted you have connected the slide to the case selector. In the VI posted a boolean wire is connected to the selector input...

Please state (clearly!) what you have connected to the case selector input and which cases you have configured.

Or simply post your current VI again...

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,405 Views)

Do you mean connect slide to shown in Attachments ?

if yes, than can you explane how to do it? Beacose I try do it early, and can't... 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,399 Views)

Hi Oro,

you just attached the picture of the case selector. What do you want to tell us with that picture?

To connect the slide with the case selctor you just use a wire in LabVIEW. Try it!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,393 Views)

When I try connect slide to case selctor with wire, it don't connecting... I think, I need do something with case selctor before connect it.... But don't know what...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,390 Views)

You already have connected a boolean to the Case selector (Click the Diagram cleanup and see). Remove that boolean and try connecting it.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,373 Views)