LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nipalu.dll

I'm installing Labview 5.1 under Windows XP to be used with PCI-MIO -16XE-50 and NI-DAQ 6.9.3 to run an old aplication that was originaly developed in Windows 98.
After installing LabVIEW and ni-daq, when I place a DAQ vi in the diagram, i receive an error

"This aplication could not be initialized because NIPALU.DLL was not found. Reinstaling the application may correct the problem"

I've re-installed everything LabvIEW, NI-DAQ several times, it didn't worked.

Any help is more than welcome.

Ricardo
RKO
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(9,970 Views)

This is an old post!

¿But someone has the solution?

I have same problem in XP, LV2011.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(8,851 Views)

Hi Edupo,

While NI DAQ 6.9.3 is compatible with Windows XP, it is not compatible with LabVIEW 2011. This link illustrates all of our DAQ and DAQmx drivers and their compatibility with past versions of LabVIEW. I would recommend upgrading your older VI to support the DAQmx drivers. Here is a good article that explain how to do this. The correlation is not exact between traditional DAQ and DAQmx, but I would certainly recommend performing the upgrade.

Warm Regards,

Tannerite
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(8,837 Views)

Thanks tannerite for the answer.

I not described my problem very well.

I'm developing in LV2011, W7 and DAQmx 9.5.5 for computers with XP and without LV. When I make the Installer I'm not including DAQmx and because of that I have an error with this file. Now I've solved the problem with this information.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(8,827 Views)

I'm developing in LV2011, W7 and DAQmx 9.5.5 for computers with XP and without LV, like you... How do you do to ? Please I need your help

Geoffrey, LabVIEW Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(8,718 Views)

In my case I make an installer selecting on the "Adittional Installers" menu the "NI-DAQmx Core Runtime 9.5" This install the library and make my app to work.

You only need to make the installer once and then you can only copy your app *.exe

Hope it helps to you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(8,713 Views)

Hi to everyone!

I've just wanted to launch NI Update Service 2.3 because I noticed that for a while it didn't appeared so I launched it and a warning appeared telling me that NIPALU.dll wasn't found in the system.

I tried to repair it going to Programs and Characteristics/Software National Instruments -> and choosing the program you want (in this case the updater) but when a submenu from NI appeared displaying me three options, I chose the Repair tool but it didn't work. So I investigated...

I read in other forum (http://lavag.org/topic/17917-avast-deleted-nipaludll/) that a possible cause for this mistake may be the new version of Avast! Antivirus' trunk. And, for my case that was the problem: The new version of Avast had retained in, the file NIPALU.dll thinking it may be a virus.

Baúl de Avast

Then, you just select the file and make it a "Global exception" for avast! to always ignore it and stop thinking it's a harmful file (before you perform all of this make sure you have NI Update Service closed). Then, you just open it again and you're done!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,277 Views)

I had the same problem (nipalu.dll)  updating  NI SCOPE. I solved my problem by simply restoring the sytem.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,134 Views)