cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nii670d.tmp

Solved!
Go to solution

Windows 7,service pack 1, Labview 2012. 

Created an installer disk on development machine.  ported to target.  The exe worked.  Made chgs to sw on devepmnt machine.  recreated installed.  did not click "generate upgrade code" which to me means it overwrites the old data.  Created a new CD distribution disk.  Now when I run setup on the new machine I get:

"fatal error unable to create temp file .\uberinstaller.cpp(1511).Installer error 10009 fatal error. unable to create temp file unable to copy original d:\install files\build1.0 install\volume\support files\custom resource 0009.dll to c:\user\xts\appdata\local\temp\nii670d.tmp.windows error windows error23 data error( cycle redundancy check)

Anyone know why???

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,601 Views)

Hi Clint_Eastwood1000,

Windows error 10009 when trying to install a program via media usually means that the media is corrupt and Windows is having trouble reading it. Others have reported success by copying the contents off the disk or by recreating the CD disk.

Best Regards,

Matthew B.
Offering Manager
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,571 Views)

Thanks Matthew..

So w the conditions just described, if I recreate an installer after I chg the source code does it only over write only what it needs on the target machine??

I found the same posting you did ( I thinK) about the media being corrupt and recreated the CD and still keep getting the 10009 error.  When I write to the CD using windows default I use the CD/DVD option rather than the USB option.  Is that still OK??  Maybe its my CD reader ( National PN is 778492-01) ??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,569 Views)

Hi Clint_Eastwood1000,

If you leave the upgrade code the same, it will upgrade the application. Depending on how complex the application is, it may only overwrite the files it needs or it may replace the entire application. If you change the upgrade code, it will install a new instance of the application.

Would you be able to post a screenshot of the error message? If you are creating a CD, using the Windows default should be fine as it is a CD/DVD instead of a USB. An interesting test would be to copy the installer to a USB stick and trying to install from a USB stick instead of a CD/DVD. In addition, did you try copying the contents of the installer off of the CD onto the hard drive? Do you get this error with multiple computers?

Best Regards,

Matthew B.
Offering Manager
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,555 Views)

I put the DVD ( 2Gig files worth) in a Nationals CD-R on the Target machine.  I navigate to the setup file under the Installation disk folder in windows explorer.  Double click it.  Behind windows explorer is a popup that says ( when I hit the details button on the popup)

fatal error unable to create temp file .\uberinstaller.cpp(1511).Installer error 10009 fatal error. unable to create temp file unable to copy original d:\install files\build1.0 install\volume\support files\custom resource 0009.dll to c:\user\xts\appdata\local\temp\nii670d.tmp.windows error windows error23 data error( cycle redundancy check)

So confused w your statements:

If you leave the upgrade code the same, it will upgrade the application. Depending on how complex the application is, it may only overwrite the files it needs or it may replace the entire application ****so now I have the corrected files on the target??  The ones I chg'd on my development machine?

If you change the upgrade code, it will install a new instance of the application. **** What happens to the "old" instance??  So now I have to exe files ??One of the newer version and one of the previous??

Cannot have USB here at work for any reason.

Trying to make this install/upgrade in a few steps/as easy as possible so try not to have to copy 2 gig to the hard drive then run it...it also takes forever..

One note.  If I copy only  the new exe files on the target, it fine !!

Thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,549 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Clint_Eastwood1000

Hi Clint_Eastwood1000,

Please see the documentation for the version information page to understand what the upgrade code does:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361K-01/lvdialog/version_install_page/

If you create multiple installers and don't change the upgrade code, the target computer will think the installers are the same and overwrite the files. If you do change the upgrade code, the computer will think they are separate installers and install each application to the appropriate directory.

Being able to run the executable by copying it to the deployment computer shows that the executable is fine, but something is corrupt with the installer. If you are only deploying to one system, copying just the executable would be the easiest solution if you don't want to try redoing the installer each time.

Best Regards,

Matthew B.
Offering Manager
NI
Message 6 of 7
(3,531 Views)

thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,528 Views)