LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nicaiu.dll installation

Hey everybody!

First time posting, as I'm pretty new to NI tools in general.

Background:

I am using Python to control niDAQ's. I do this by calling nicaui.dll methods in C, and then I wrap that in python. Since I had been using Labview previously, I have the drivers installed for my setup, as well as it's dependencies. However, I want to put the python script on another computer along with a small installer for only the bare-bones of DAQ operation. I have been going through the driver installation CD and trying each .msi to try and sniff out the smallest amount of installing I need to do in order for me to get a callable nicaiu.dll. This process is somewhat tedious and building an installer from LabVIEW was equally bloated. So, given this information...

What is the bare minimum installation (.msi or .msi(s)) I can install for nicaiu.dll to support analog voltage output for all of the following pieces of hardware:

PCI 6024E, USB6353, USB-6259 (I know there are more devices supported by nicaiu.dll...but these are the three I have)

Thanks for your help!

DL

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,382 Views)
The minimum driver is the DAQmx core version and you can download the version you want. The installer in LabVIEW supports this as well.
Message 2 of 3
(5,376 Views)

This solved my problem but the installer is still quite bloated. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,325 Views)