From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni update service does not show flexrio 15.1.1 when I had 15.0 installed

Solved!
Go to solution

There does not seem an appropriate message board for this.

I was recently setting up a PC with LabVIEW, device drivers, etc.

I had FlexRIO 15.0 and NI Update Service did not bring to my attention that FlexRIO 15.1.1 exists.  Had to google it and manually download it; I know some complain about Java and Microsoft update programs as being too intrusive but I would generally say that NI's updater needs updating.

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,911 Views)

I am assuming you had your firewall configured to enable the update service to search ? This service has usually worked for me as long as I had the right "check" marks, and configured firewall correctly.

Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,884 Views)

Signal Express and other items have showed up and other things but not this driver.  So assumed there is no firewall issue.

ALE Consultants

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,876 Views)

I believe minor updates usually aren't shown as they'd require a larger download for little gain.

#.1 also usually isn't an upgrade for #.0  The former is for SP1 and sometimes (although rarely) causes problems if you don't also update your LabVIEW installation

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,858 Views)

I appreciate the responses but I think we should be made aware of them.  15.0 vs. 15.1.1 includes 2015 support for a couple of FAMs.  Hardly a small addition.

Hope to get an answer from NI rather than general comments.  Getting notified of updates from NI has been something that they do poorly (going back to 1998).  NI Update Service is supposed to solve this but apparently not yet...

ALE Consultants

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,849 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Terry_ALE

The FlexRIO team doesn't promulgate the release of new drivers on NI Update Service unless the new driver patches a major bug that needs to be brought to the attention of all FlexRIO users. 

If you would like to know what version of the FlexRIO driver is required for your FlexRIO hardware you can take a look at this document.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,788 Views)

David-A, thanks for the link!

ALE Consultants

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,778 Views)