LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni switch controlling relay

I imagine this has a fairly elementary solution to it, but I am having trouble.. I am trying to open and close a relay, and I am using the VI from the examples "niSwitch Controlling an Individual Relay.vi". I open the VI, but I want to bring the vi to a different computer, except when I transfer it via a flash drive, the sub vi's do not go with it. However when I try and save the sub vi's it does not give me the option.. how can I save them one by one or save the high level vi and keep all the references..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,934 Views)

Why dont you install the NI driver support for switch/relay in other PC and then you will be able to access the same example un that PC/machine also.

As if you try to copy and bring the example code from other PC, you might not able to include all the dependencies (this includes subVIs, dll etc).

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,922 Views)

File -> Save As -> Duplicate hierarchy to new location.

Although, if the other computer has LabVIEW installed, the subVIs (and the example) should already be there.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,921 Views)

@Todd_Lesher wrote:

Although, if the other computer has LabVIEW installed, the subVIs (and the example) should already be there.

If LabVIEW is installed in a computer, it doesn't guarantee that subVIs and examples will also be present rather subVIs and examples (related to a specific NI device) will only be available if that particular driver (and corresponding LabVIEW support) is installed.

E.g. for Switch you need to install:

NI Switch Driver installation

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,907 Views)

i tried saving as and duplicate hierarchy, but all that did was save the top level vi in its own folder and did not show the other sub vi's. I am currently downloading the driver for NI Switch 4.5.5 but it is over a 1GB, which I will then have to transfer to another copmuter because my application computer does not have internet. I dont understand why the example and vi's are on one computer and not on the other, they were installed at roughly the same time

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,882 Views)

also, I wanted to just save each and every sub vi then transfer it all, but when I try to save any of the sub vi's there is no option to save (see attached)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,880 Views)

-------- IGNORE THIS REPLY --------

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,870 Views)

Follow the steps

1. Open your VI in a new LabVIEW project.

2. Save this project.

3. Now in the project explorer window select File >> Save as, and you'll see following dialog.

Open in Project

4. Now you can choose to 'Duplicate'.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,869 Views)

i have tried this several times, and after every time that I 'save as' and then duplicate, when I go to try and reopen the file, it gives me an error (see attached)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,846 Views)

if anyone comes across this thread, the only way i was able to transfer it to another computer was to go and find where the actual example vi's were located on my hardrive, and then I copied all of the libraries and example vi's that I needed and transferred them that way.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,833 Views)