LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni single board rio 9632 disconnected

Hi everyone, 

I hope that someone can help.

I tried to restart my ni rio into a safe mode to formate it after. But the problem now is that the status of my ni rio is disconnected according to MAX. where before formatting, at least the device is connected, and no software was installed.

ni rio disconnected.png

The POWER and STATUS LEDs of NI sbRIO device are ON (without flashing).

How can I connect my device (NI single board rio 9632) and install softwares in it ?

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,025 Views)

Did you try closing MAX and opening it again?  It's strange the STATUS light isn't flashing if you're in safe mode.  Are you sure you're in safe mode?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,010 Views)

I restart in safe mode, only for the fisrt time to format the ni rio. but after I am using the ni rio in normal mode. 

I restarted the computer and thus I restarted MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,992 Views)

You're all over the place at the moment.  Let's try to focus in on what we've done and then where we are.

It sounds like the what we've done is:

You had a device connected to MAX in Safe Mode (No Software Installed)

You formatted it (why?  formatting gets back to the same state you were already in)

It came back up.

You've restarted your computer.

Where we are:

We can't connect to the device

The Power light is on.

The Status light remains on without flashing (are you sure here?)

Things to check into:

Are there any lights flashing for the ethernet port?

Do we have other devices we can see in MAX that help determine if the cable is going bad?

Do we have another ethernet cable?

Are we really sure the Status light remains on?

Did we change anything on the computer after the format?

Are we connecting the sbRIO through a router or directly to the computer?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,985 Views)

What I have done is:

1. I had a device connected to MAX in Safe Mode (No Software Installed)

2. I formatted it (why? I couldn't install softwares, so i followed this discussion :

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/Add-software-to-Single-Board-Rio-on-NI-MAX/m-...

They said that the problem was resolved by formatting it)

3. It came back up but not as the beginning, in the first time, the STATUS LED was flashing twice but now it flashes 3 times and then it remains ON. In addition to that the device is disconnected according to MAX while before it was connected without softwares installed. 

4. I've restarted my computer and I removed the safe mode (by putting the first DIP switch in the off (up) position ). I also clic on reset. I also tried to change some settings bellow (RIO service parameters : autostart, PXI system parameters : autoselected)

change settings after format.png

Where we are:

We can't connect to the device

The Power light is on.

The Status light remains on without flashing (are you sure here? answer : the EXACT light situation is the following : 

OFF for 1 second - ON for 10 seconds - OFF for 120 seconds - ON for 10 seconds - OFF for 120 seconds - ON for 10 seconds - OFF for 125 seconds - ON untill closing the sbRIO

Things to check into:

Are there any lights flashing for the ethernet port? answer : there two lights for the ethernet port green and orange, the green one is ON but the orange one is flashing sometimes.

Do we have other devices we can see in MAX that help determine if the cable is going bad? answer : no other device I can see in MAX, I have checked that the cable is good by testing it for internet connection.

Do we have another ethernet cable? answer : I have only one to connect my computer to ni rio, I use WIFI for internet connection.

Are we really sure the Status light remains on? answer : yes I am sure, I restarted my computer and the device several time, and it is always the same Status light remains ON, the EXACT light situation is the following : 

OFF for 1 second - ON for 10 seconds - OFF for 120 seconds - ON for 10 seconds - OFF for 120 seconds - ON for 10 seconds - OFF for 125 seconds - ON untill closing the sbRIO

Did we change anything on the computer after the format? answer : to my knowledge I didn't change anything on the computer after the format.

Are we connecting the sbRIO through a router or directly to the computer? answer : I use an ethernet cable to connect ni rio directly to my computer.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,965 Views)

The problem may be that when you formatted the device, you also reset the network settings. 

Please refer to this documentation for assistance: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ABE4BC247E8AC9BC8625734E005CAB42

Becca B.
Product Marketing
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,934 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your reponse.

I followed the following step (knowing that I have Labview 2012):

LabVIEW 2014 or Earlier

1. Install the latest version of NI System Configuration
  2. Restart your computer
  3. Launch MAX
  4. Right-click Remote Systems >> Troubleshoot Remote System Discovery
  5. Carefully follow the instructions in the utility

From this link (that you sent me) : http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ABE4BC247E8AC9BC8625734E005CAB42

depannage.png

but I couldn't find my sbRIO model, so I clicked on "don't see your system ?". after that I checked whether there is any available updates. Unfortunately no update is available for my sbRIO model detection.

updates.png

Can someone Help me ? I am using sbRIO 9632 for the first time and untill now I couldn'tmove it 😞 .

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,895 Views)

hakemass,

Did you try the manual troubleshooting steps? Especially take a look at steps 9 and 10. Did you try resetting the IP address of the device? Also, ensure that your device is on the same subnet as your host. 

This document may also be helpful: http://www.ni.com/getting-started/set-up-hardware/compactrio/troubleshoot-max

Becca B.
Product Marketing
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,875 Views)