cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network stream Two network adaptor cards in PC comms with crio

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I have two network adaptor cards in my pc which i think is causing my problems when collecting data over the tcp. 

I'm seeing an error message -314340 from the create network stream write/read my address match up and i'm using a template crio vibration data logger. streamnetwork.png

I have two network cards in my pc. I think the error is a tcp one and I’m wondering if this is causing the problem. I’ve given the crio a static ip address 10.0.0.2 with mask 255.255.0.0

You can see the network adaptor below and it’s ip address 10.0.0.1 so I’m connected directly to this via ethernet cable. However from the Routes print cmd I don’t see the 10.0.0.2. Also the gateway for the crio is default at 0.0.0.0

Do I need to add the route to the list ? I found the cmd for that which I don’t think I’m using right… route ADD 10.0.0.2 MASK 255.255.0.0 10.0.0.1

network cards.pngnetwork cards2.png

tcperror2.pngtcperror3.png

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,036 Views)

In the template example the ip was set the same for  Remote Client and cRIO Logger Main using the XML file. It was wrong, the PC ip address should go into the XML file and the crio ip address into the Remote Client.  So I’m able to start recording data see picture. After around 10 seconds the system crashes and I lose connection L

New error messages from probing around the code refers to the stream to disk class and fifo read, no idea whats happening do you have new suggestion ?

Error 1430 occurred at Move in VDL Stream to Disk.lvclass:Move File.vi->Logging Thread.vi->[RT] cRIO Logger Main.vi

Error -63036 occurred at Invoke Method: FIFO.Read in cRIO Wfm.lvlib:Stop.vi->DAQ Thread.vi->[RT] cRIO Logger Main.vi

waveform.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,999 Views)

Hi leapingfrog, 

Do you have any kinds of string to path functions in your code?  Error 1430 is one most commonly seen in typecasting strings and paths which don't quite match the syntax required for TCP on a VxWorks controller, for example, as described in this KnowledgeBase article: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0D6D5696E481E4808625749800497EA1?OpenDocument

You can find if your cRIO is VxWorks here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/35F1FD98520D6E0E8625783A005AF557?OpenDocument

Hope this helps!

Best wishes, 

Chiara A
Applications Engineer with NI UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,977 Views)

Hi,

I'm using a template code shipped with labview and it's not modified. Basically it starts acquiring data then crashes. So many errors are popping up, but many are the symptom whereas i'm trying to find the cause of these errors. I do have a long ethernet cable could this cause a tcp timeout ? 

I recently had an error message 314220 end point destroyed. The most common error i get is the -63036 :

"The operation could not be completed because the device being accessed was unavailable, either because it was disconnected from the network or because power was removed (e.g., the system went into a low-power state). Close any RIO FPGA sessions; check network, USB, and power connections; power-cycle the device if necessary; and open a new RIO session."

When i use tracert for my ip address fro the crio 10.0.0.2 I can see a direct connection path, it's not going anywhere else so i guess the two adator cards isn't interfering with the networking.... 

Any thoughts ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,959 Views)

Hi, 

If you're using completely unmodified example code, does it exactly match what hardware you have?  Those errors look to me a bit like there's a network stream in the software which isn't being mimicked in the Hardware or vice versa - with TCP/IP it's really important that all the handshaking happens on time and in the correct way.  Which example are you using?

Best wishes, 

Chiara A
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,950 Views)

Hi i'm using the crio data logger template from the create project list:

I'll post my code and some pretty pictures to help explain myself 🙂

I'm using a different crio, so i created a new project and configured the FPGA vi for my hardware, then added the host side. I can run the code see the waveforms after 10 seconds it outright crashes and i've been searching through all the error messages tracking it back to some unfound reason. The irony is sometimes the program creates a tdms file and makes a deposit in the crio folder/deposit (this is defined from an xml file)

I do notice within a few seconds the cpu on the waveform panel increases to 70+% before crash, so i'm also thinking the FIFO read is at fault, but it could be another red heiring (just installing the real time exection package so i can trace this better).

I've changed the number of channels from the default 4 to 2 please look in the VibConfig.xml file to see the change as the [Host] Create Config XML.vi doesn't like to changing the channel from 4 for some reason. 

My set up is [SENSORS] ==> [cRIO] ==ETHERNET==> [PC] Please help Cat Sad

stream_vhl.pngworking move file class2.png

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,941 Views)

crio.pngwaveformpic.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,940 Views)

Here is my latest error, i'm not sure if this is the root of the probelms or the effect from another problem but the error message i can't find anything on Error 537951 occurred at AcqRead(Wfm).vi The probe is on the Health Thread.vi 

weird error.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,935 Views)

Ah, that error shows on a few values being written but then no value afterwards, could this imply the fifo read is max out therefore crashing the system ??? Smiley Indifferent

qwqwd.pngvalwrite.png

excelprint.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,932 Views)

Hi, 

Hmm.  I believe what could be the problem here is that the streams are expecting more channels than you're using.  What data are you passing up from the cRIO?  It might be a good idea to take a simpler example, like the Sine Wave one attached, and check whether this works with your hardware first.  

What is your goal?  I feel we might be getting bogged down in the details of the individual errors a little, rather than taking a larger holistic view of the whole project.

Best wishes, 

Chiara A
Message 10 of 12
(3,918 Views)