From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need immediate help regarding project about vehicle tracking using LabVIEW

hello everyone

i am  doing a project on vehicle tracking using lab view 

i have completed the following steps

1)color to grayscale conversion

2)thresholding

3)morphological operations

my problem is that how do i get a bounding box around the vehicle and track the vehicle, also may be get the coordinates and speed ?

also how to stop the bounding box from one frame to appear in the next?

please help soon.

an immediste reply would be of great help to me.

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,429 Views)

Slow down relax.

please give more details of the question confronting you at the moment. Feel free to included images to aid in our understanding. If you prefer another langauage than English use it.

As it stands I have no idea what you are asking us to help with.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,424 Views)

Thanks for replying

my project is to develop a system using labview which would track a moving vehicle, give the coordinates of that vehicle and if possible the speed.

how do I achieve this?  M not quite familiar with labview.

The input to that system should be an Aviva file of general road condition and at the output I should get bounding boxes around the vehicles to track them.

I have my submission in a couple of   daysso in a little hurry,

I am attaching a general block diagram that may give you an idea of how i want the system to be and the current vi that i have made.

hope you get a better picture now.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,410 Views)

Aviva as in Aviva Insurance Company?  What does that have to do with image detection? Smiley Frustrated  Do they provide satellite images or something?

I can't open your Version 11 project but I also don't see how the sequence of vision functions in you diagram is appropriate for tracking vehicles.  If I had a video of traffic and I wanted to track individual vehicles the first thing I would try to track would be their color and you convert to greyscale right away.  Can you show us some sample images and explain what you're trying to do a little better?  I don't think we're getting your problem yet.

I hope you don't need to complete this project in a couple days (unless you're a LabVIEW and Image Processing genius it's going to take some time and effort... Smiley Wink)

BTW,do you have the NI Vision Development System Module???

EDIT:  One more thing:  If you "Save for Previous Version" and create a LabVIEW 10 project to post more people (like me) will be able to see your code and perhaps help out...

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,385 Views)